Monday, November 26, 2012

True Believers

The past four years of my life were spontaneous, yet very routine. This time of year after Thanksgiving in Franklin I would be getting my laundry finished, packing up Jack, going back to school for the last week of classes & final exams before the glorious month long Christmas Break began. But now I am living and breathing office life. And if you know me at all, you will know I have a very unique situation going in the office. But this new working world doesn’t have the extra perks of college such as: Christmas Break, Spring Break, summer vacation or Fall Break. I personally feel that employees could be more productive with these nice breaks but anyways back to reality. 


 This Thanksgiving I still came home for the entire weekend, even though my apartment is only 35 minutes away from my parent’s house, just to make this Thanksgiving feel like the 4 years prior. It really did feel like I was still in college, lounging in big date party t-shirts, leggings & Uggs, that is until all the extended family celebrations. Everyone was asking me how my job was going and what I would like for Christmas. I had to hold back from giving too honest of replies such as: a gift card to Kroger, a gas card, a year of cable or hey, how about I just send you my electric bill next month. Things I took for granted are now are my radar. 

 In the past three months my life has changed in a lot of ways, but not all the changes are less than perfect. In fact the things that matter most to me are falling perfectly together. The three musketeers are back together in full force, taking advantage of every minute we can be together & The start of a new relationship that has been full of adventures, travels and learning how to navigate the distance life has set out before us. 

 Even with what seems like a trying transition, this Thanksgiving I am most thankful for the way life brings people and opportunities to you when you least expect it. You don’t even know how things started, but you know you never want it any other way.


-SJP

No comments:

Post a Comment