Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Collide

Today started as any other day. I am currently going through Beth Moore's study of Ester. Everyday I feel like at some point I am smiling to myself to how I can apply it to something currently going on in my life and the lives around me. Today of course was no different. I feel like Ester has a strength and power that is remarkable. I often put strong women in the Bible on a pedestal, or on a shelf with some level of greatness I can't live up to no matter how hard I try. But today I got a strong sense that at the time, in the moment, Ester was just like any other young woman. Scared of what to do next. Unsure if her decision was the right one. Or how devastating the consequences would be if it was not. Not to lessen the amazing example Ester is to my life, but the comfort that trusting God's plan will make everything okay was just what I needed this morning. I am by no means influencing a king, so my uncertainties seem so small in comparison, but knowing if God can lead her in her struggles He can help me get through the day in one piece. Literally.

I continued on my morning and walked to class with my cousin who I am lucky enough to live down the hall from this year. Yes, back to laurel living senior year means I get to live with my cousin who is a sophomore in my sorority.  Today as we were walking she and others had the pleasure to see my clumsy self in full action. Before we are a minute away from the entrance of Laurel I have slipped and nearly injured myself again. It was quite wet outside today, and if I had known this initial stumble would have been one of mannnny, I would have worn rain boots.and maybe knee pads... 

Ester was just as "clumsy" and unsure of the steps to take to confront the King about what was right. I love little reminders that God has a plan & my doubt only holds me back, when all I should be doing is trusting in His love for me and my little life.
Thanks Pintrest.

-SJP

No comments:

Post a Comment