Monday, June 25, 2012

I Like To Be Me When I'm With You

I am officially living for the weekend these days since I have become a working woman. But this past weekend I was living for Sunday night. Folks, dreams came true last night. 

Concert on the Lawn.
I finally saw Drew&Ellie Holcomb sing live. I happen to live in a little neighborhood that has little concerts and events on the weekends, and when I read the email that Ellie Holcomb was coming with a special guest I was thrilled. She brought her whole family and they sang a variety of songs. Only one of their originals, but I was no less loving the night.

Mom and I
I have tried to go to a Drew Holcomb&the Neighbors concert several times and it just hasn't worked out. I may or may not have gotten desperate enough to ask as friend to fly me in his private airplane so I could make a show and be back in time for classes. Apparently that is a little tooo much to ask haha typical me right? I think seeing her and Drew sing together made me want to go to a real concert even more. 

Drew&Ellie
It was magical. And that's all I have to say about that. 

-SJP

No comments:

Post a Comment